Great Gardens of London by Victoria Summerley, Marianne Majerus, Hugo Rittson-Thomas (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.08Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionLondon's gardeners are twice blessed: t only do they live in one of the world's most vibrant capitals, it is also one of the most verdant. Gardens of every imaginable style, shape and size abound on rooftops, within palaces, surrounding churches, behind walls - on every piece of dry land - even if it is floating on or lapped by the river Thames. In Great Gardens of London, Victoria Summerley, Hugo Rittson Thomas and Marianne Majerus collaborate to unearth the most fascinating stories of plants and people inside London's most exciting gardens. Some of the gardens are strictly private, while others are regularly open to visitors, but all can w be savoured and enjoyed along with those who kw them best. Great Gardens of London is a captivating photographic portrait of the greatest gardens of the capital which are primarily closed to the public or rarely open their gates. It will feature gardens designed by some of the leading contemporary garden designers from across the world. Accompanying the photographs will be essays on the design and planting that explain the designers' inspiration and passion.
- Author BiographyVICTORIA SUMMERLEY is a national newspaper journalist who specialises in writing about gardens and gardening. For the past 13 years she has been executive editor of The Independent. In 2010, she was the winner of the prestigious Garden Media Guild Journalist of the Year award, and she also writes an award-winning blog. Her garden in London was open under the National Gardens Scheme and was featured on BBC Gardeners' World. After 50 years of living and gardening in London, Victoria now lives in the Cotswolds, but regularly returns to the capital. HUGO RITTSON THOMAS is one of the UK's leading portrait photographers. He started his career in the art world, studying at Central St.Martin's and Goldsmiths University of London, and took part in the landmark exhibition Temple of Diana alongside Tracey Emin at The Blue Gallery in 1999. Hugo lives and has a studio in London. MARIANNE MAJERUS is a prestigious and prolific international photographer of gardens and winner of the Garden Media Guild Features Photographer of the Year Award 2013 as well as the GMG Photographer of the Year 2010. A contributor and sole photographer of many gardening books, her new title Highgrove: A Garden Celebrated was a best-seller in 2014. Marianne lives and has a studio in London.
- Author(s)Hugo Rittson-Thomas,Marianne Majerus,Victoria Summerley
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note400 colour photographs
- Weight1633 g
- Width250 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.