All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPeople are drawn to opera by the glory of its music and voices, and the magic and poignancy of its stories. Great, Grand & Famous Opera Houses...where art and drama meet takes its readers on a tour of the world's most beautiful opera venues, from exquisite gems of early theatre design, such as the Opera Royal in Versailles and the Slottsteater at Drottingholm, Sweden, to extravagant Belle Epoque halls, such as the Palais Garnier in Paris and Vienna's Staatsoper, and modern masterpieces, including the iconic Sydney Opera House and Valencia's spectacular Palau de les Artes Reina Sofia. Graced by stunning photography, each opera house profile provides an engaging guided tour of the building's architectural features and interior design, and goes behind the scenes to reveal colourful stories of the patrons, impresarios and stars, whose larger-than-life personalities, tempestuous relationships and outrageous behaviour at times surpassed the melodrama on stage. Chapter introductions trace the broad history of opera in different parts of the world, and fascinating feature spreads turn the spotlight on key figures and aspects of production, ranging from singers, composers and conductors to stage machinery and costume design. Sumptuous, entertaining and inspiring, Great, Grand and Famous Opera Houses will delight t only opera lovers and conisseurs of architecture, but all those intrigued by the history of music, art and culture.
- Author(s)Fritz Gubler
- PublisherArbon Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- Place of PublicationCrows Nest, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintArbon Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width230 mm
- Height300 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.