All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.77Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.62Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.59
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $41.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe great Katie Kate takes on the Worry Wombat as she teaches a young girl about treating cancer. When Dr Demarco explains to Suzy that she might have cancer, the young girl begins to worry. Just then, the Great Katie Kate zooms in to ease Suzy's mind and help her stare down the Worry Wombat. She takes Suzy on a magical tour through the hospital and explains what cancer is all about and, more important, how it is treated. As Suzy learns more about her condition, she learns to ask questions and even to smile, which makes the Worry Wombat disappear. This superhero saga provides an entertaining and indispensable tool for parents and medical professionals who are seeking a positive way to set young cancer patients on the road to recovery by helping them deal with their fears. With Katie Kate coming to the rescue, children with cancer have a friend they can trust.
- Author BiographyM Maitland DeLand, MD, is a radiation oncologist who specialises in the treatment of women's and children's cancer. One of the leaders in her field and the president, CEO, and owner of OncoLogics, Inc. -- a group of clinical practices throughout Louisiana -- Dr DeLand serves as a member of the Breastcancer.org Professional Advisory Board and has dedicated her career to helping her patients and their families lead balanced and rewarding lives.
- Author(s)M. Maitland Deland
- PublisherGreenleaf Book Group LLC
- Date of Publication08/07/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationAustin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenleaf Book Group LLC
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight364 g
- Width265 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.