All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionOn average, over 163 million net tons of cargo are moved each year on the Great Lakes in the holds of a vast fleet of steel ships. From the western end of Lake Superior, to the shallow, emerald-colored waters of Lake Erie, ships arrive and depart at all hours amid a landscape of dirt-laden mill buildings, smoke streaked skies, and vast fields of coal and iron ore pellets. The photographs in this book will show you a slice of industrial America rarely seen by the general public. These images, contemporary and historic, will take you to all of the primary loading and unloading ports from Lake Superior to Lake Erie. View first-hand how cargoes are loaded at the grain terminals of Thunder Bay, the ore docks of Minnesota s rth shore, or the sprawling Midwest Energy coal dock in Superior. See where these giant ships and cargoes go down below on the infamous Cuyahoga River, the Ford Plant on Detroit s Rouge River, or inside the heart of the famous U.S. Steel Works in Gary, Indiana.
- Author BiographyPhotographer and historian Patrick D. Lapinski has been photographing and writing about the Great Lakes maritime industry for over thirty years. Patrick D. Lapinski is a regular contributor to Great Lakes related maritime publications such as The Nor Easter, the journal of the Lake Superior Marine Museum Association; Seaway Review / Great Laker, The Inland Seas, the journal of the Great Lakes Historical Society, and the Duluth Seaway Port Authority s North Star Port, and Lake Superior Magazine.
- Author(s)Patrick D Lapinski
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Series TitlePhoto Gallery
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps
- Weight635 g
- Width212 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.