All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a Liverpool history with a difference. Packed with information, this lively book is t only about events but about people - our Great Liverpudlians - and the part they each played in shaping the city. There are many familiar faces, of course, but they stand shoulder to shoulder with the ordinary men and women who have made Liverpool what it is. And as well as bringing the unsung heroes and their interesting lives to our attention, Daily Post columnist David Charters has also dug deep to unearth less well kwn details about those famous names we all thought we knew everything about. Great Liverpudlians takes the reader on a wonderfully enjoyable journey through the city's past, introducing us to an array of colourful characters, from kings and politicians, to philanthropists, poets, musicians, comedians, sportsmen and women, barrow girls and clergy. All human life is here, as they say, and what is any great city if t the sum of its people?
- Author BiographyDavid Charters, who lives in Oxton and writes a weekly column for the Daily Post, has been a journalist on Merseyside since the mid-1960s.
- Author(s)David Charters
- PublisherCarnegie Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication08/11/2010
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationLancaster
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalatine Books
- Content Note40 illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.