CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAmongst the greatest books every created are the large-scale works of natural history researched and written by apothecaries, scientists and others for whom the study of the natural world was a consuming passion. Behind each book there is a story to tell - how and why the volume was created, the vicissitudes suffered by those engaged in its production, the slow journey to the market, and above all the beauty of the plates, which today are so often reproduced out of their original context and often very much smaller. Such books are w amongst the rarest and most sought-after by today's collectors. For example Hortus Eystettensis , Thornton's Temple of Flora , Audubon's Birds of America and the Daniells' Oriental Scenery . The stories behind many such books are told by Ray Desmond, with many reproduced colour plates from original copies in The British Library and other major archives.
- Author(s)Ray Desmond
- PublisherThe British Library Publishing Division
- Date of Publication15/01/2003
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe British Library Publishing Division
- Content Note90 colour and 10 b&w illustrations
- Width220 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.