All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFlat on his front, biculars to his eyes, alone at dusk, Dick makes a remarkable discovery: two rare birds, never before seen in the British Isles. Captain Flint and his crew decide to consult an expert to confirm the discovery. But when the man they ask turns out to have his collector's eye on the birds' eggs, t to mention skins, an enjoyable voyage around the Outer Hebrides becomes a desperate race to save the birds, and themselves...
- Author BiographyArthur Ransome was born in 1884. He was in Russia in 1917 and witnessed the Revolution, which he reported for the Manchester Guardian. After escaping to Scandinavia, he settled in the Lake District of England with his Russian wife where, in 1929, he wrote Swallows and Amazons. Thus began a writing career that has produced some of the best children s literature of all time.
- Author(s)Arthur Ransome
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication24/06/1982
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJonathan Cape Ltd
- Content Note1
- Weight484 g
- Width145 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Reading Age2-12
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.71
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $130.02
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.