All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.35
- AU $10.40Trending at AU $15.88
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.22
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $31.77
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $33.72
About this product
- DescriptionCooking expert Beatrice Ojakangas has researched original sources from across the country to recapture the delicious tastes of Lemon Icebox Cake, Applesauce Crisp, and Rhubarb-Strawberry Pie. Along with each recipe, Ojakangas shares fascinating stories and little-kwn facts about the history of the dessert. The recipes have been tested and updated for easy preparation with today's ingredients and techniques, and this book also offers practical advice on buying fresh fruits and cooking pudding. From Yankee Apple Sw to Creole Sweet Potato Pie, Great Old-Fashioned American Desserts provides an enticing tour of the desserts of America's rich food heritage.
- Author BiographyBeatrice Ojakangas is the author of more than twenty cookbooks, including The Great Scandinavian Baking Book (1999), The Great Holiday Baking Book (2001), Scandinavian Cooking (2003), Quick Breads (2003), Pot Pies (2003), and Scandinavian Cooking (2003)-all available in paperback from the University of Minnesota Press.
- Author(s)Beatrice Ojakangas
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication05/01/2004
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width165 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.