All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of The Great Psychotherapy Debate has been updated and revised to expand the presentation of the Contextual Model, which is derived from a scientific understanding of how humans heal in a social context and explains findings from a vast array of psychotherapies studies. This model provides a compelling alternative to traditional research on psychotherapy, which tends to focus on identifying the most effective treatment for particular disorders through emphasizing the specific ingredients of treatment. The new edition also includes a history of healing practices, medicine, and psychotherapy, an examination of therapist effects, and a thorough review of the research on common factors such as the alliance, expectations, and empathy.
- Author BiographyBruce E. Wampold, PhD, ABPP, is the Patricia L. Wolleat Professor of Counseling Psychology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and director of the Research Institute at Modum Bad Psychiatric Center in Vikersund, Norway. Zac E. Imel, PhD, is an assistant professor with the counseling psychology program in the Department of Educational Psychology and an adjunct assistant professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Utah.
- Author(s)Bruce E. Wampold,Zac E. Imel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication10/06/2010
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables, 18 black & white halftones, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.