All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book includes ten contributor's writings on 250 years of women travel writers. Travel is sacred. Travel is a quest. Travel is an escape. Travel is a passion! It is enlightening, a distraction, a velty, a dream fulfilled. It may inspire joy, terror, longing - often, all three. Women explorers and travellers are a special breed. Some were also great writers, recording their cross-cultural impressions with stunning vividness, blending history, myth, techlogy and poetic imagination. The 22 courageous women profiled in this book encircled the globe. Together, they form a grand tradition and speak to us today as never before. The book covers women who boldly crossed international barriers often to encounter the most patriarchal cultures of their time are focused on in this delightful book - a significant contribution to travel literature as well as to women's studies.
- Author BiographyBettina Knapp is the author of over 50 books, including Anais Nin, Gertrude Stein, Antonin Artaud, French Fairy Tales: A Jungian Approach, and Women in Myth. She lives in New York City. Both editors have travelled the world, apart and together. Alba Amoia is the author of Twentieth-century Italian Women Writers, No Mothers We!, Albert Camus, Feodor Dostoevsky, and other works. She lives in Rome.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAlba Amoia,Bettina L. Knapp
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.