All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionTwo Greek ecomic analysts explain the Greek financial crisis --from beginning to end. The first section of Greece: From Exit to Recovery? explores the lead up to to Greece's adoption of the euro. Authors Theodore Pelagidis and Michael Mitsopoulos believe that the ensuing challenges were foreseeable. In fact, the authors posit that it was Greece's difficultly in dealing with those challenges that sparked the euro crisis. Section II analyzes discrete sectors of the ecomy, paying special attention to labor and finance -- and the mistakes creditors made in focusing on reducing Greek incomes -- rather than increasing competitiveness on n-labor costs. Section III investigates why Greek companies spend relatively little on research and development? The authors' analysis indicates that policy decisions largely determine R & D performance in the private sector, and they advance a number of specific policy proposals to improve the situation.
- Author BiographyTheodore Pelagidis is a professor of economics at the University of Piraeus, Greece, and a nonresident senior fellow in Global Economy and Development at Brookings. He has also been a NATO scholar at the Center for European Studies at Harvard University, USA a Fulbright scholar at Columbia University, USA and an NBG professorial fellow at the London School of Economics, UK. Michael Mitsopoulos is an economist at the Hellenic Federation of Enterprises, Greece, and has taught at the Economic University of Athens, Greece and the University of Piraeus, Greece. Pelagidis and Mitsopoulos are coauthors of Understanding the Crisis in Greece: From Boom to Bust (Palgrave Macmillian, 2011).
- Author(s)Michael Mitsopoulus,Theodore Pelagidis
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookings Institution
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures, graphs
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.