Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.98
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis book shows how we can solve the climate change crisis, which is the greatest threat humanity has faced. Charles Derber, a prominent sociologist and political ecomist, shows that global warming is a symptom of deep pathologies in global capitalism. In conversational and passionate writing, Derber shows that climate change is capitalism's time bomb, certain to explode unless we rapidly transform our ecomy and create a new green American DreamDerber shows there is hope in the financial meltdown and Great Recession we are w suffering. The ecomic crisis has raised deep questions about Wall Street and the US capitalist model. Derber systematically explores the causal links between capitalism and climate change, a taboo subject in the U.S, and opens up new thinking to solve both the ecomic and climate crises.
- Author BiographyCharles Derber, a noted social critic, is Professor of Sociology at Boston College. He is the author of eleven internationally acclaimed books, including Corporation Nation, Hidden Power, and The Wilding of America. He has written for the Boston Globe, Newsday, and other mass media, and appears frequently on television and radio talk shows.
- Author(s)Charles Derber
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.