All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThis dictionary lists over 8000 headwords on each side, totalling about 16,000 words. Because the series concentrates on the needs of travellers, the dictionary includes vocabulary of practical use to people travelling, staying, or living outside their native land. The author focuses on tourists, emigrants, and business people when compiling this list, but kept the employee of government and international organisations in mind as well. As a phonetic aid to the reader, pronunciation is facilitated using a simple transliteration system for both directions at once. The feminine and the neuter endings are listed in addition to the masculine ones.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in Greece, Michael Kambas has been a Greek/English instructor, translator, and interpreter since 1982. After he moved to the United States, he became official translator/interpreter for the Greek Consulate, the Judicial Council of California, and the US Department of State.
- Author(s)Michael Kambas
- PublisherHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- LanguageEnglish & Greek, Modern (1453-)
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note16,000 entries
- Weight318 g
- Width150 mm
- Height100 mm
- Spine32 mm
Most relevant reviews
- au2014_coa23 Feb, 2017by
Assessment of the Greek-English Dictionary of the N.T.
The script is clear and easy to read, with contrast between bold for the Greek word and not for the explanation.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.