Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Burnsall, a small-time military publisher, is on holiday in Greece with his wife Sue when he learns that his father-in-law has killed himself. As the head of an Oxford College, Sir Henry Pewsey's death sparks off unpleasant rumours about a hidden scandal from his past. When Sue leaves him for a good-looking historian with a prurient interest in Pewsey's papers, it's left to David to try and save his father-in-law's reputation. In investigating his life though - in particular his war-time collaboration with the Greek resistance, he is caught up in a violent race which ends, dramatically and unexpectedly, on an island in the Ionian Sea.
- Author BiographyT J Binyon was born in Leeds in 1936. He studied Russian at Exeter College, Oxford, with a year spent in Moscow. Later a teacher of Russian Literature at Oxford University, as Senior Research Fellow at Wadham College, he also regularly reviewed crime fiction for the Evening Standard and the TLS. He died in 2004, a year after his biography of Pushkin was awarded the prestigious Samuel Johnson Prize for Biography.
- Author(s)T. J. Binyon
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication19/03/2009
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight264 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.