All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA discussion of the style, icography and craftsmanship of 17 spectacular pieces of gold jewellery from Ptolemaic Egypt, dating from the late-3rd century BC. The pieces include earrings, bracelets, beads and a hairnet. The author places the pieces in their historical and icographic context with special emphasis on the pieces as expressions of dynastic power.
- Author BiographyMichael Pfrommer, associatc professor of classical archaeology at the University of Trier (Germany), is a specialist in Hellenistic metalwork and the author of Getty publication Metalwork from the Hellenized East, 1993.
- Author(s)Michael Pfrommer
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication01/02/2002
- Series TitleGetty Museum Studies on Art
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJ. Paul Getty Museum
- Content Note34 colour & 43 b&w illustrations, 1 map
- Weight272 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.