All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreek History: The Basics is a concise and compelling introduction to the study of Ancient Greece from the end of the Bronze Age to rule by Rome. With a chapter on each crucial period of Greece's ancient history, the book covers the key topics, approaches and issues at the heart of Greek History, including: * The invention of politics and the rise of democracy * The central role played by the Greek city * The insights from cultural, political, demographic and ecomic history * The benefits and pitfalls of working with different types of sources. Featuring maps, illustrations, a timeline and antated guides to further reading, this book is an engaging and authoritative introduction for students of Ancient Greek History.
- Author BiographyRobin Osborne is Professor of Ancient History at the University of Cambridge and a Fellow of King's College, Cambridge and of the British Academy.
- Author(s)Robin Osborne
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2014
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 10 black & white halftones
- Weight204 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.