All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreek Stories is an ideal first reader for students of Classical Greek. It offers 100 passages of manageable length, chosen for their intrinsic interest and drawn from a wide range of ancient sources. They are intended to increase fluency in oral and written translation, and to provide practice for GCSE. Generous help is given, with glossing of all proper names and n-GCSE vocabulary. The collection will also be attractive to older students beginning or returning to the language. Section 1 provides thirty translation passages, starting with very simple stories and building up to the level of OCR GCSE paper Language 1. Section 2 provides twenty passages with sections for translation and comprehension, in the style of Language 1 papers (stories from mythology). Section 3 provides thirty translation passages at the level of the GCSE paper Language 2, with its more demanding grammar and vocabulary requirements. Section 4 provides twenty passages for translation and comprehension in the style of Language 2 papers (stories from Greek history).
- Author BiographyJohn Taylor is Head of Classics at Tonbridge School, UK. He is the author of Greek to GCSE Part I, Greek to GCSE Part II, Greek Beyond GCSE, Essential GCSE Latin and (with Stephen Anderson) Writing Greek. Kristian Waite is Head of Classics at Caterham School, UK.
- Author(s)John Taylor,Kristian Waite
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight307 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.