All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.44
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
About this product
- Description* In 1984, DC Comics introduced British artist Dave Gibbons to U.S. readers with Green Lantern #172, the start of a popular run by Gibbons and writer Len Wein, best kwn as the creator of both Swamp Thing and Wolverine. Over the course of thirteen action-packed issues, Green Lantern battled some of his greatest foes, clashed with the Guardians of the Universe, and was replaced by ather human Green Lantern - John Stewart! * This title is a showcase for the art of Dave Gibbons, who moved straight from Green Lantern to Watchmen, the best-selling graphic vel of all time. Gibbons returned to the world of Green Lantern in 2007 as the writer of the new series Green Lantern Corps.
- Author BiographyLen Wein co-created SWAMP THING early in a writing career that has included work on every major hero and villain at both DC Comics and Marvel Comics. As a writer, Wein is also credited with co-creating Wolverine for Marvel and Lucius Fox for DC. Wein was one of the editors on WATCHMEN, and has also been Editor-in-Chief at both Marvel Comics and Disney Comics before settling in to a successful career writing comic books and animation.British artist Dave Gibbons began his comics career in 1973, working for IPC and DC Thompson and illustrating features the popular comics magazine 2000 AD. He also worked on the comic strip adventures of Doctor Who before being invited to illustrate for DC Comics, beginning with GREEN LANTERN. In 1985, he began collaborating with Alan Moore on numerous stories leading up to their best selling graphic novel WATCHMEN. As a writer and artist, Gibbons has also worked on GREEN LANTERN CORPS and his own graphic novel THE ORIGINALS. With Frank Miller, he produced the Martha Washington series.
- Author(s)Len Wein
- PublisherDC Comics
- Date of Publication27/11/2012
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Superheroes
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDC Comics
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Weight326 g
- Width165 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Artist(s)Gil Kane,Dave Gibbons
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.