All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreen Organic Chemistry and Its Interdisciplinary Applications covers key developments in green chemistry and demonstrates to students that the developments were most often the result of invative thinking. Using a set of selected experiments, all of which have been performed in the laboratory with undergraduate students, it demonstrates how to optimize and develop green experiments. The book dedicates each chapter to individual applications, such as * Engineering * The chemical industry * The pharmaceutical industry * Analytical chemistry * Environmental chemistry Each chapter also poses questions at the end, with the answers included. By focusing on both the interdisciplinary applications of green chemistry and the invative thinking that has produced new developments in the field, this book manages to present two key messages in a manner where they reinforce each other. It provides a single and concise reference for chemists, instructors, and students for learning about green organic chemistry and its great and ever-expanding number of applications.
- Author BiographyVera M. Kolb received a chemical engineering degree and an MS in chemistry from Belgrade University, and her PhD from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale. She is currently a professor of chemistry and the director of the Center for Environmental Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. She had two sabbatical leaves, one at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies and the other at Northwestern University. She has over 150 publications, including two books and three patents, on range of subjects that includes organic reactions and mechanisms, morphine-type opiates and their receptors, estrogens, nucleosides, teratogens, organic reactions in water and in the solid state, chemistry under prebiotic conditions, astrobiology, and chemical education. In 2002 she was inducted in the Southeastern Wisconsin Educators' Hall of Fame, and in 2013 she received the Phi Delta Kappa Outstanding Educator Award.
- Author(s)Vera M. Kolb
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note74 black & white illustrations, 36 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.