All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past four decades the world has seen a 'Green awakening'. Green parties have been elected to parliaments and councils all over the world, and in many cases have played a part in national and local government. A common set of Green priorities has been promoted by Green internationalisation and these parties are playing an increasing role at all levels of political decision-making. Will the Green awakening continue or will Greens be corrupted by power? What impact has Green politics had? Will Green thinking be able to compete with other ideologies in coping with the problems of the 21st century? Green Parties, Green Future analyses these issues on the basis of the experience of Green parties from all parts of the world. Per Gahrton, a sociologist and veteran of Green politics, provides the whole story of the expansion and development of the Greens worldwide, from local environmental groups to national and global decision-makers. This is essential reading for anyone who is or wants to be involved in a political movement that is challenging the more traditional parties for a progressive future.
- Author BiographyPer Gahrton is a Swedish sociologist and politician, former MP and MEP of the Swedish Greens and (until 2014) and chair of the Green think tank Cogito. He was the 1985-89 co-secretary of the Coordination of European Greens. He has participated at all congresses of the Global Greens. His previous books include Georgia: Pawn in the New Great Game (Pluto, 2010).
- Author(s)Per Gahrton
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication07/08/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.