All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionSustainable development is a globally recognized mandate and it includes green or environment-friendly manufacturing practices. Such practices orchestrate with the self-healing and self-replenishing capability of natural ecosystems. Green manufacturing encompasses synthesis, processing, fabrication, and process optimization, but also testing, performance evaluation and reliability. The book shall serve as a comprehensive and authoritative resource on sustainable manufacturing of ceramics, metals and their composites. It is designed to capture the diversity and unity of methods and approaches to materials processing, manufacturing, testing and evaluation across disciplines and length scales. Each chapter incorporates in-depth technical information without compromising the delicate link between factual data and fundamental concepts or between theory and practice. Green and sustainable materials processing and manufacturing is designed as a key enabler of sustainable development.
- Author BiographyMrityunjay Singh, Ph.D., FASM, FACerS, FAAAS is Chief Scientist at Ohio Aerospace Institute, NASA Glenn Research Center, and is actively involved in various activities related to advanced processing and manufacturing, environmentally conscious and green manufacturing, and ceramic integration technologies. He has authored or coauthored more than two hundred fifty publications, edited fifty books/proceedings/journal volumes, nine book chapters, and he holds several patents and technology transfers to industries. He is a Governor of Acta Materialia, Inc., Academician of World Academy of Ceramics, and Honorary Professor at various universities around the world. He is recipient of numerous (more than forty) national and international awards from all over the world including four R&D 100 awards, FLC technology Transfer Award, NASA Public Service Medal, and NASA Silver Snoopy Award, ACerS John Jeppson Medal and President Award, Ishikawa International Carbon Prize, and International Award from the European Ceramic Society. He serves on the Editorial Boards of many highly respected journals and technical publications. Tatsuki Ohji, Ph.D., FASM, FACerS, is the Prime Senior Research Scientist at Japan's National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) and Designated Professor in the Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Meijo University. He has authored or coauthored more than 330 scientific papers, edited 30 books and conference volumes, and holds more than 40 patents. A recipient of numerous honors and awards, he is a Fellow of the American Ceramic Society and ASM International, Academician of the World Academy of Ceramics, Governor of Acta Materialia, Inc., and on the editorial boards of many international journals including International Materials Reviews, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology, and Ceramics International. His research interests include characterization of ceramics, ceramic composites and porous materials, design of advanced ceramics, and green ceramic manufacturing. Rajiv Asthana, Ph.D., FASM, is Fulton and Edna Holtby Endowed Chair in manufacturing at the University of Wisconsin-Stout where he teaches in the manufacturing engineering program. He is Editor of Journal of Materials Engineering & Performance and on the editorial boards of Ceramics International and Materials Science and Engineering A. He has authored or coauthored five books, including Materials Science in Manufacturing (Elsevier) and 160 scientific publications, and co-edited Ceramic Integration and Joining Technologies (Wiley). His research interests include ceramic/metal joining, high-temperature capillarity and cast metal-matrix composites.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteApprox. 600 illustrations
- Weight1540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byMrityunjay Singh,Rajiv Asthana,Tatsuki Ohji
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.