All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book that presents a comprehensive overview of sustainability aspects in software engineering. Its format follows the structure of the SWEBOK and covers the key areas involved in the incorporation of green aspects in software engineering, encompassing topics from requirement elicitation to quality assurance and maintenance, while also considering professional practices and ecomic aspects. The book consists of thirteen chapters, which are structured in five parts. First the Introduction gives an overview of the primary general concepts related to Green IT, discussing what Green in Software Engineering is and how it differs from Green by Software Engineering. Next Environments, Processes and Construction presents green software development environments, green software engineering processes and green software construction in general. The third part, Ecomic and Other Qualities, details models for measuring how well software supports green software engineering techniques and for performing trade-off analyses between alternative green practices from an ecomic perspective. Software Development Process then details techniques for incorporating green aspects at various stages of software development, including requirements engineering, design, testing, and maintenance. In closing, Practical Issues addresses the repercussions of green software engineering on decision-making, stakeholder participation and invation management. The audience for this book includes software engineering researchers in academia and industry seeking to understand the challenges and impact of green aspects in software engineering, as well as practitioners interested in learning about the state of the art in Green in Software Engineering.
- Author BiographyCoral Calero is Full Professor at the Computer Science Department at the University of Castilla-La Mancha (UCLM, Spain). She is a member of the Alarcos Research Group and her research interests include: quality models, software measurement and software sustainability. She is the President of the Fundacion Software y Sostenibilidad (Software and Sustainability Foundation). Mario Piattini is Director of the Alarcos Research Group and Director of the Institute of Information Systems and Technologies at UCLM. Prior to this position, he worked as a consultant for various companies and organizations and was Founder and Director of Cronos Iberica, S.A. He is among the 15 Top scholars in the field of systems and software engineering (2004-2008) , according to a study published in The Journal of Systems and Software in 2011.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication03/04/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note43 black & white illustrations, 68 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight706 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byCoral Calero,Mario Piattini
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.