All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.64Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionAny mention of the greenhouse effect tends to ignite controversy. While the rising atmospheric concentrations of greenhouse gases-especially carbon dioxide- are certainly among the most pressing issues today, theoretical and perceived consequences have been subject to conjecture and misinformation. That raging debate has obscured an important fact: scientists and engineers are hard at work on methods to reduce CO2 emissions, and devise practical methods for their remediation. Greenhouse Gas Carbon Dioxide Mitigation: Science and Techlogy sheds light on the most recent advancements, documented by two of the world's leading researchers on CO2. Aware of the complexity and still-unkwn factors behind climatic change, the authors consider the need to make CO2 mitigation viable for both environmental and ecomic gain. To that end, Professor Halmann offers new insights into interesting chemical pathways for the conversion of CO2 to useful products. Steinberg adds real-life engineering solutions, applicable to heavy CO2-producing industrial processes, and improving efficiency of energy conversion. Exciting theories and pilot projects are also testing the potential for CO2 utilization, conversion, reduction, and disposal. Greenhouse Gas Carbon Dioxide Mitigation: Science and Techlogy reports on the use of biomass, such as ocean fertilization and energy farms, to put CO2 to practical and safe use. Professional and academic readers involved with CO2 research will find Greenhouse Gas Carbon Dioxide Mitigation: Science and Techlogy an invaluable roadmap for information and inspiration-a way to move beyond argument, and into action.
- Author(s)M.M. Halmann,Meyer Steinberg
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/1998
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLewis Publishers,U.S.
- Content Note119 black & white tables
- Weight952 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.