Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionPerplexity and wonder are integral parts of Tung-Hui Hu's poetry, which is as elegant as it is surprising. -- Rain Taxi This fresh and unexpected poet extends the lyric into the social space without losing any of song's intensity or mystery. --Mark Doty Tung-Hui Hu works magic on the page. --Linda GregersonWeaving between the personal and cosmic I, Tung-Hui Hu's lyrics seek the greenhouse --a place of saturation, growth--as a poetic space to cultivate new modes through which our common language can once again illuminate and guide-- lighthouse. With minimalism and control, Greenhouses, Lighthouses draws subtly from photography, cinematography, and history to create haunting and memorable connections.from Cosmos Revealed behind a Dense Curtain of Poppies : Greenhouses, Lighthouses. The first astromers tended on hands and knees the soil of the universe, smoothing away moss, seeding by night. Now our galaxy has the sixfold symmetry of ornament on the tower of Alhambra, shoots curled from stem looping heaven and earth together. Trace curlicues and rosettes with your finger. The chamber sealed off to mortals but open above, like a poppy. Tung-Hui Hu, author of three books of poetry, earned his MFA in creative writing from the University of Michigan and a PhD in film from University of California Berkeley. He teaches at the University of Michigan and lives in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Author BiographyTung-Hui Hu is the author of three books of poetry, The Book of Motion (U. Georgia, 2003) winner of the Avery Hopwood Award; Mine (Ausable, 2007) winner of the Eisner Literary Award; and Greenhouses, Lighthouses (Copper Canyon, 2012). He teaches at the University of Michigan and is a member of the Michigan Society of Fellows. In addition to receiving an MFA in Creative Writing from the University of Michigan, Tung-Hui Hu holds a PhD in Film from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Author(s)Tung-Hui Hu
- PublisherCopper Canyon Press
- Date of Publication26/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleLannan Literary Selections
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCopper Canyon Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight136 g
- Width150 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.