All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Steinbeck famously christened Route 66 America's Mother Road in The Grapes of Wrath, and that chapter about Tom Joad's exodus is just one of the classic pieces collected in this ultimate anthology. Here's history, roadside attractions, pop culture, ghost stories-even recipes from famous greasy spoons. And it's all illustrated with the largest collection of vintage art, postcards, travel decals, collectibles, and other memorabilia every amassed. This is a truly a worthy tribute to the Main Street of America.
- Author BiographyMike Witzel is the award-winning author of more than two dozen books, including the MBI bestsellers Route 66 Remembered, The American Gas Station, The American Diner, and, most recently, Legendary Route 66. He has appeared on Discovery Channel's World's Top Ten Fast Food Restaurants and Tailfins and Drive-ins; Food Network s Unwrapped: Drive-In Restaurants; and History Channel's American Eats: History on a Bun. Since his childhood, JIM HINCKLEY dreamed of being an author. After numerous detours into truck driving, mining, ranching, and a variety of other endeavors, he turned to writing a weekly column on automotive history for his local newspaper, the Kingman Daily Miner, in his adopted hometown of Kingman, Arizona. From that initial endeavor more than twenty years ago, Hinckley has written extensively on his two primary passions: automotive history and travel. He is a regular contributor to Route 66,American Road, Hemmings Classic Car, and Old Cars Weekly, and he is an associate editor atCars & Parts. Book reviews and original features on automotive history and travel can be found on his blog, www.route66chronicles.blogspot.com. Born and raised on the banks of the Brill River in northern Wisconsin, Lee Klancher (Austin, Texas) has been chronicling motorcycle and outdoor adventures big and small since the early 1990s. His favorite adventure articles have covered riding the treacherous 300-mile track that crosses the Bolivian portion of the Amazon jungle, scaring himself senseless on Slovenia's Mount Triglav, and crossing the northeast Australian Outback on Honda XRs. Lee's other interests include mountain biking, dive bars, racquetball, and college hockey. His writing and photography appear regularly in Men's Journal, Motorcyclist, and Motorcycle Escape.
- PublisherVoyageur Press Inc
- Date of Publication05/10/2010
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationStillwater
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVoyageur Press Inc
- Content Note1000 illustrations
- Weight1429 g
- Width241 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.