Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- DescriptionThe meal they ate in the inn was boiled cabbage, sliced cooked meats, and bread with a cup of red wine. There was horseradish to flavor the beef and butter to spread on the brot. They sat beside the big heating and cooking fireplace. A kettle hung from a hinged iron hook that pivoted over the fire. The fireplace was so large that they were almost sitting inside it. The warmth felt inviting and good. A tall canister of pig's knuckles simmered by the burning logs and an ermous pot of soup slow cooked on ather hinge that could swing out to ladle a bowl of potato chowder. Their guest had t yet arrived. How did you come to kw Geert of Deventer? the Landgraf asked Jan Cele making table conversation. We were at the university together at Prague. Prague. That's impressive. The capitol of the Holy Roman Empire. For being so far to the east, it is impressive Cele affirmed. The city of Good King Wenceslaus, the Landgraf exchanged. I kw a Christmas carol about him, chimed in Gretel. Good King Wenceslaus looked out On the Feast of Stephen Where the sw lay round about Deep and crisp and even. Bravo! the men clapped and Gretel was embarrassed. But she was beginning to like the conversation of schooled companions. I would like to be educated like yourselves, she blushed. John Cele came to her rescue. So you shall be and more, he said foreshadowing a bright future. I would like that very much. Education, affirmed the Landgraf, will set you free to be. . . I believe that! John Cele said. Free to be! That is the question and answer education offers.
- Author(s)Gary Arthur Thomson
- Date of Publication04/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.