Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionRipped from today's headlines, Grey Matters will take you a pulsing tour of the inside world of modern medicine. This explosive first vel from Dr. Mark Foster will grab your heart on the first page, t letting it go until the final boat-rocking climax. Dr. Joseph Rorke is an overworked medical resident putting in long hours at his Colorado hospital. Kaitlyn Sullivan is a vibrant obstetrical nurse. They are each struggling with ethical dilemmas in their young careers when a mysterious mutual dream brings them together. Kaitlyn believes; Joe is skeptical. But the power of the dream overwhelms them, propelling them swiftly towards marriage and pregnancy. Then for Kaitlyn, the dreams abruptly stop. For Joe, they continue, but transform into a series of omius nightmares that warn ofgrave danger for Kaitlyn and their unborn child. Joe's heroic instincts clash with his worst impulses of controlling behavior. His scientific mind battles against his subverted faith as he fights to protect his young family against intangible doom. Grey Matters is an insider's take on the complex world of modern health care. It delves into the gray areas that abound in medical ethics: what are the limits of modern medicine? Can saving a life conflict with Do No Harm ? How do we judge quality of life for those unable to speak for themselves? But first and foremost, Grey Matters is a love story, the tale of two modern medical martyrs whose dreary lives are set ablaze by a dream that is both irresistible and foreboding. Their romance poses questions about the gray areas we all face in relationships: how do we reconcile romance with reality, passion with pragmatism? Why do we project so much of ourselves onto those we love? When does holding onto love require that we let it go?
- Author BiographyMark is a physician and writer living in Colorado with his wife and three children. Besides writing, Mark enjoys basketball, skiing, mountain climbing, Scuba diving, gardening, and playing in the backyard with his kids.
- Author(s)Dr Mark Foster
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.