All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of the Skye terrier who refused to leave his master's grave in Greyfriar's Kirkyard, Edinburgh, has been popular from Victorian times. This book tells the well-loved story and also gives the historical background with such sections as: The Lord Provost, William Chambers (who declared that ' one's dog is everyone's dog' and gave Bobby the Freedom of the City of Edinburgh); William Brodie, the sculptor of the famous statue; Edinburgh's shocking health record; Bobby's Edinburgh; Bobby's breed - why the name? The book is illustrated with drawings and photographs and relevant objects from the collections of National Museums Scotland and its Scottish Life Archive. An eight-page activity section includes: Dog issues - true or false? How well do you kw your dog? Wordsearch. Follow in Bobby's pawprints. Greyfriars Bobby is the latest title in the Scotties series of activity books for young readers. Each contains a wealth of interesting facts, stimulating activities, a list of websites and suggestions for places to visit.
- Author BiographyFrances and Gordon Jarvie are the editors of the Scotties and between them authors of eight titles in the series.
- Author(s)Frances Jarvie,Gordon Jarvie
- PublisherNMSE - Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication02/05/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNMSE - Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrated thro'out
- Width190 mm
- Height240 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.