All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionOvercoming nearly insurmountable physical disabilities as well as personal tragedies, Pakisa Tshimika has inspired many through his remarkable life. Though his story is filled with grief and tragedy, it is suffused with an unfailing grace and hope. Overcoming nearly insurmountable physical disabilities, as well as personal tragedies that would derail the lives of many people, Pakisa Tshimika has experienced a life that has inspired countless others along the way. After starting on a lengthy recovery following a devastating automobile accident, Tshimika has endured family tragedies and the deaths of many friends and relatives. Yet through it all, he has pursued a life of faith and unstinting service to others. Though his story is filled with grief and tragedy, it is suffused with an unfailing grace and hope.
- Author BiographySeverely injured in a car accident while in college, Dr. Pakisa K. Tshimika changed his educational plans from becoming a surgeon to earning a doctorate in public health. Today Pakisa is Executive Director and founder of Mama Makeka House of Hope, based in Fresno, California. Named for Pakisa's mother, the project is devoted to health, education, and community work, especially in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Central Valley of California. Pakisa serves also as Associate General Secretary of Mennonite World Conference, a global network involving national churches in 75 countries. Pakisa works from his current home in Fresno, California, and whenever possible, from his original home in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Author(s)Pakisa K Tshimika
- PublisherGood Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGood Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.