All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is it about Yellowstone National Park that draws millions of visitors from all over the world? If you've visited Yellowstone, you should already kw the answer. If you've never visited--or you have, but still don't kw the answer--Michael Leach explains it to you in his book of essays, Grizzlies on My Mind. Leach is a Yellowstone insider with unmatched passion for this nation's first national park. At the age of twenty-two, Leach's dream of becoming a Yellowstone ranger came true. It wasn't long before he'd earned the nickname Rev for his powerful Yellowstone sermons. In Grizzlies on My Mind, Leach shares his love for Yellowstone--its landscapes and wildlife, especially its iconic bison and grizzlies--as he tells tales that will delight anyone interested in the national park system, wildlife and wild landscapes, rivers and adventure. Heartwarming and heartbreaking stories of human lives lost, efforts to save a black bear cub, a famous wolf who helped Leach through some dark personal days, the unique and oftentimes humorous Yellowstone culture, backpacking trips that nearly ended in disaster, and Leach's spiritual journey with his Assiniboine-Gros Ventre brother fill the pages--and the reader's heart. If you've never been charged by an elk, traveled solo at dawn across Yellowstone's frigid interior (working your way slowly through a herd of peaceful bison in the process), or lain awake in a backcountry tent, listening for the spine-tingling breaths of a curious grizzly--but you crave such experiences, Grizzlies on My Mind is the book for you.
- Author BiographyMichael Leach has written numerous pieces for regional publications, including Yellowstone Discovery, Outside Bozeman, Distinctly Montana, New West, and Wyoming Wildlife. Michael is known for his bold, unique voice, his humor, and his lyrical writing style. Drawing comparisons to the great Norman McLean, Michael's writing conjures up deep and powerful emotions in readers of all ages. Known for his innovative and passionate approach, Michael brings a contemporary style to the nature genre through his rich and heartfelt prose while connecting readers with the raw power of wild places like Yellowstone.
- Author(s)Michael W Leach
- PublisherWestwinds Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestwinds Press
- Content Notemaps
- Weight390 g
- Width179 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.