All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionBooze writers are in general nerdish and insular. The beer boys, with their compulsory beards, live in the pub and are looked down upon both by the wine writers (who live in glass houses) and the 'Rudolphs', as the red-sed specialists of the spirits world could be termed. As for the writers of cocktail books, living specimen has been taken since the first publication of The Savoy Cocktail Book in 1930 rendered all subsequent efforts redundant. This tendency explains why there are books that span the whole subject of booze, as if people who drink wine might never enjoy a cocktail or even a beer. Grogan's Companion to Drink will plug the yawning gap for a single source of information for, say, the key ingredients in a Pimms, for a pithy tutorial on how the hierarchy of the wines of Bordeaux is structured (what are people on about when they refer to a 'cru bourgeois') or for a round-up of all those Polish beers on the shelves. It will t only avoid being nerdish and insular, it will also avoid being patronising, pompous or pretentious (and that's just the 'p's). So whether you're looking for a great drink for GBP2.9 9 (Tesco's value red wine in a carton) or if you finally want to understand what it was you were drinking when you supped Agua de Valencia, it's the perfect gift for those who drink as well as taste.
- Author BiographyPeter Grogan writes about food and wine for the Daily Telegraph and the Spectator and is wine writer for Tesco Magazine (which has a readership of over six million). For further details please visit www.petergrogan.com.
- Author(s)Peter Grogan
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Out-of-print date15/10/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1086 g
- Width182 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.