All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by an experienced drummer and philosopher, Groove is a vivid and exciting study of one of music's most central and relatively unexplored aspects. Tiger C. Roholt explains why grooves, which are forged in music's rhythmic nuances, remain hidden to some listeners. He argues that grooves are t graspable through the intellect r through mere listening; rather, grooves are disclosed through our bodily engagement with music. We grasp a groove bodily by moving with music's pulsations. By invoking the French philosopher Maurice Merleau-Ponty's tion of motor intentionality, Roholt shows that the feel of a groove, and the understanding of it, are two sides of a coin: to get a groove just is to comprehend it bodily and to feel that embodied comprehension.
- Author BiographyTiger C. Roholt is Associate Professor of Philosophy at Montclair State University, USA and is author of Key Terms in Philosophy of Art (Bloomsbury Academic, 2013).
- Author(s)Tiger C. Roholt
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Note6 bw illus
- Weight265 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.