CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.71
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.18
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.10
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.35
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $75.63
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.81
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.63
About this product
- DescriptionEleven executives are seated round a meeting room table. Their voices make up this vel. The president harangues them about cost cutting, restructuring, redundancy. As they feign attention the reader is privy to their most intimate thoughts. There's the self-destructive violence of the former chief executive, the depraved cynicism of the man on the make, the gruelling daily routine of a working mother, the glacial despair of the HR director, the libidius fantasies of the career bureaucrat. All have one thing in common: each of them, from the depths of their frustration is at war with all the others. At the centre of this Divine Comedy, like Lucifer with a business school sheen, reigns Rorty, the president, a blue-eyed corporate assassin. Gross Margin is a savage and hilarious vel about contemporary office life.
- Author BiographyLaurent Quintreau was one of the founders of the magazine Perpendiculaire, and is a performance artist. He also works for a corporation and is a trade unionist.
- Author(s)Laurent Quintreau
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarvill Secker
- Weight220 g
- Width118 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Translated byPolly McLean
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.