All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionProviding a source of vision for the revitalisation of ground and envelope as spatial elements that can inform the search for embedded locally specific architectures, this book collects essays and projects that each contributes a particular element to what might constitute an integrated and richly nuanced approach to spatial organisation. Projects include: * Paulo Mendes da Rocha; Brazilian Pavilion, Osaka World Expo 1970, Osaka, Japan * RCR Arquitectes: Marquee at Les Cols Restaurant, Olot, Girona, Spain * Weiss / Manfredi; Seattle Art Museum: Olympic Sculpture Park, Seattle, Washington, USA * Peter Eisenman; City of Culture of Galicia, Santiago de Compostela, Spain * Plasma Studio and Groundlab; Xi'an Horticultural Expo, Longgang, China * Foreign Office Architects; Yokohama International Ferry Terminal, Yokohama, Japan * Nekton Design; Turf City, Reykjavik, Iceland * Alvaro Siza; Swimming Pool, Leca da Palmeira, Portugal * Eduardo Souto de Moura; Braga Municipal Stadium, Braga Portugal * MVRDV; Villa VPRO, Hilversum, Netherlands * Bernard Tschumi; Le Fresy Art Centre, Tourcoing, France * OCEAN; World Centre for Human Concerns, New York City, USA * R&Sie(n); Spidernethewood, Nimes, France * Toyo Ito; Serpentine Pavilion, London, England * Enric Miralles and Carme Pis; Olympic Archery Range, Barcelona, Spain * Kengo Kuma; GC Prostho Museum Research Centre, Aichi Prefecture, Japan * Cloud 9; MediaTic, Barcelona, Spain * Diller, Scofidio and Renfro; Blur Building, Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland, Swiss National Expo With an abundance of built and un-built key projects available, it is w possible to outline the contours of a new discourse. This book initiates a new beginning in this direction so that architecture can partake in the creation of heterogeneous space and culturally, socially and environmentally sustainable built environments.
- Author BiographyMichael U. Hensel is an architect, researcher, educator and writer. He is currently Professor for Architecture at the Oslo School of Architecture and Design, where he directs the Research Centre for Architecture and Tectonics. He is founding and current chairman of OCEAN - Design Research Association and of SEA - Sustainable Environment Association, and has authored and edited numerous books and journals. Jeffrey P. Turko is an educator, researcher, and founder of the international award-winning design practice NEKTON Studio. Currently a Senior Lecturer at the University of Brighton, he is also a registered architect in the Netherlands, an advisory board member of the Research Center for Architecture and Tectonics, and current Vice Chair of OCEAN Design Research Association.
- Author(s)Jeffrey P. Turko,Michael U. Hensel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note282 colour illustrations, 10 colour line drawings
- Weight1065 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.