All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThe apparent heterogeneities and complexities present in the hard rock aquifers makes it a challenging research to tackle groundwater problems. The intricacy increases manifold for the management of groundwater when the hard rock aquifers are situated in arid or semi-arid regions. The demand supply gap has led to the over abstraction of the groundwater and water level depletion in many areas beyond ecomic exploitation. The present book contains the results and findings of the advanced research carried out in a pilot area with a thorough investigation of the structure and functioning of the aquifer in a granitic formation. The various chapters arranged in the book start from a very general scenario of the water resources management in the country then an extremely technical contribution on the hard rock aquifer system, its characterization, theoretical portion of its properties and behaviour that has been necessary to enter into the environment. Then a brief description of various experiences of studying the hard rock aquifers globally has been included to provide a much wider experience. The rest of the book very systematically includes the geophysical, geological and remote sensing applications to conceptualize such an aquifer system. The basics of the hydraulic tests, conducting various types of hydraulic tests for parameter estimation in such aquifers including their up-scaling with modern interpretation techniques are embedded. Ather chapter has been included describing the water budgeting and balance in granitic aquifers using the specific methods for their estimation. A major part covers the advanced techniques of Geostatistics and Aquifer modeling right from the basics demonstrated by suitable case studies. Finally a few examples have been included on the hard rock aquifers from the extreme rth and also from the south of India with case studies to complete the matter for its readers. The reader of the book will find comprehensive kwledge with suitable examples to investigate a hard rock aquifer for characterization of its flow properties, estimating water balance and finally aquifer modeling for groundwater management including the theory of regionalized variables.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/01/2008
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note90 black & white illustrations, 10 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight616 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byA. Salih,R. Jayakumar,S. Ahmed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.