All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionGroup cohomology reveals a deep relationship between algebra and topology, and its recent applications have provided important insights into the Hodge conjecture and algebraic geometry more broadly. This book presents a coherent suite of computational tools for the study of group cohomology and algebraic cycles. Early chapters synthesize background material from topology, algebraic geometry, and commutative algebra so readers do t have to form connections between the literatures on their own. Later chapters demonstrate Peter Symonds's influential proof of David Benson's regularity conjecture, offering several new variants and improvements. Complete with concrete examples and computations throughout, and a list of open problems for further study, this book will be valuable to graduate students and researchers in algebraic geometry and related fields.
- Author BiographyBurt Totaro is a Professor of Mathematics at the University of California, Los Angeles. He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 2009.
- Author(s)Burt Totaro
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/06/2014
- Series TitleCambridge Tracts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number204
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus.
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.