All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Group Counselling is an exceptionally practical and useful guide for anyone involved, or anticipating involvement, in groupwork' - Clive Lloyd, Therapeutic Communities This book provides a comprehensive examination of theories and concepts relating to group counselling and shows how differing theoretical frameworks can be used as a basis for practice. Organized around the counselling process, the book considers the practicalities of establishing and running a group, raising awareness of its life cycle, its cultural location and many other diverse issues. Special emphasis is placed on the importance of therapeutic attitudes and philosophies as a basis for practice, and humanistic and existential approaches to group counselling are given particular attention. The author encourages readers to be aware of their conceptual framework and how it influences their work.
- Author BiographyKeith Tudor is a UKCP registered psychotherapist, and has a private/independent practice in Sheffield offering therapy, supervision and consultancy. He is author of Transactional Analysis Approaches to Brief Therapy (SAGE, 2001) and Group Counselling (SAGE, 1999).
- Author(s)Keith Tudor
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/04/1999
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleProfessional Skills for Counsellors Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight303 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.45Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.