Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- Description'The Second Edition of Group Supervision is essential reading for all participants in group supervision. It offers a comprehensive insight into the complexities of organising, managing and creatively facilitating a group or of being a practitioner in a cooperative peer group' - Professor Sue Wheeler University of Leicester Among the plethora of supervision books, Group Supervision is the only one dedicated to group work. Brigid Proctor shows how group supervision can provide a supportive environment in which practitioners learn from each others' experience, finding positive and creative ways of working with the diversity which characterises all groups. Examining tasks, roles and responsibilities of both supervisors and supervisees, she describes the skills needed for: managing different types of group, developing a flexible leadership style making sense of group and individual needs using creative methods. The Second Edition of this popular text features up-to-date research findings on group supervision in organisations and further coverage of the challenge of ethical decision-making in groups. A new chapter considers the advantages of groups for supervisor development and training, stressing the urgency for greater accountability and research. Essential for all supervisors and trainers, the practical information in this book will also benefit those who manage organizations providing group supervision for counsellors and psychotherapists- be they employees, volunteers or trainees. Brigid Proctor, Fellow of the BACP, is a retired Director of Counselling courses at South West London College and has subsequently worked freelance as a counsellor, supervisor, trainer and consultant.
- Author BiographyBrigid Proctor is a retired Director of Counselling courses at South West London College, and has subsequently worked freelance as a counsellor, supervisor, trainer and consultant. She is a Fellow of BACP having played an active role in the development of BACP, and co-founding Cascade Training Associates and Cascade Publications.
- Author(s)Brigid Proctor
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/09/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleCounselling Supervision Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.