All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an introduction to group theory and its application to physics. The author considers the physical applications and develops mathematical theory in a presentation that is unusually cohesive and well-motivated. The book discusses many modern topics including molecular vibrations, homogeneous vector bundles, compact groups and Lie groups, and there is much discussion of the group SU(n) and its representations, which is of great significance in elementary particle physics. The author also considers applications to solid-state physics. This is an essential resource for senior undergraduates and researchers in physics and applied mathematics.
- Author(s)Shlomo Sternberg
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/09/1995
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note121 b/w illus.
- Weight790 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.