All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book to address social skill instruction for this growing audience Presents speech-language pathologists with ready to use curricula in three distinctive age groups Lynn Adams is highly qualified and eminently experienced in the field This book provides a functional curriculum for social skill work in the group setting for children with Asperger syndrome. Adams, who is Director of the Radford University Autism Center, has been providing group intervention for children with AS for the past five years, and has based this guide directly on case studies and experience. The result is a necessary guide to an approach that proves ideal for both clinicians and the children they work with. In a group setting, children learn to be part of a group and to interact with peers, while clinicians are able to provide social skill instruction to several children at once. This book is divided into sections that provide information about Asperger syndrome, principles for group intervention, and curricula for group intervention for three different age groups.Adams outlines original exercises for children of preschool age (ages 4 and 5), elementary age (ages 6 though 9), and late elementary/middle school age (ages 10 through 12). The book is unique in its subject matter and approach, and has been written to fill a void in the current clinical literature. Clinicians who work with children with Asperger syndrome will find this friendly resource manual an easy to use, highly interactive learning tool that will improve their clinical repertoire by allowing them to provide effective group treatment for children with Asperger syndrome.
- Author BiographyLynn Adams, Ph.D. Lynn Adams is an Associate professor in the department of Communication sciences and Disorders at Valdosta State University, Georgia. She holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence form the American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Her areas of clinical expertise include autism spectrum disorders and child language development and disorders. Dr. Adams has taught at the university level for over 15 years. She received her doctorate from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville, and her MS and BS from The Florida State University, Tallahassee. She is active in both state and national professional associations.
- Author(s)Lynn W. Adams
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2005
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.