All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is designed for day-to-day use for busy practitioners Expert clinicians are the authors of each of the chapters giving the reader authoritative guidance Each chapter follows the same basic outline for quick and accessible reference Tables, charts, and summaries enhance the text This newly expanded second edition is the definitive reference guide to clinical models, as well as specific clinical techniques, for providing client-centered group treatment for aphasia and other neurogenic communication disorders. Introductory chapters provide a comprehensive overview of group treatment, group process and group dynamics.Contributors, all of whom are practicing expert clinicians from throughout the United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia, and the United Kingdom, give an in-depth description of their programs: philosophy of program entry criteria client assessment of clients establishment of treatment goals documentation of progress clinical techniques utilized ischarge criteria and reimbursement issues detailed information on the day-to-day workings of their programs case examples and protocols for assessment or documentation Filling the void in current educational and clinical texts, Group Treatment of Neurogenic Communication Disorders: The Expert Clinician's Approach necessarily provides a wealth of insight and global perspective in the provision of care in aphasia and related conditions for students, clinicians, and professionals in other health-related disciplines.
- Author BiographyRoberta Elman, Ph.D. Dr. Roberta J. Elman, Ph.D. holds Board Certification in adult neurologic communication disorders from the Academy of Neurologic Communication Disorders and Sciences. She received her doctorate in Speech & Hearing Sciences from the University of California. Prior to founding the Aphasia Center of California, Dr. Elman was Co-Director of an outpatient medical rehabilitation center. She has more than 20 years of experience in the assessment and treatment of neurologic communication disorders. Dr. Elman is a Fellow of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and is active in the Academy of Neurologic Communication Disorders and Sciences.
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content Noteb/w illustrations
- Weight667 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byRoberta J. Elman
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.