Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains selected papers from the international conference 'Groups - St Andrews 1981', which was held at the University of St Andrews in July/August 1981. Its contents reflect the main topics of the conference: combinatorial group theory; infinite groups; general groups, finite or infinite; computational group theory. Four courses, each providing a five-lecture survey, given by J. Neubuser (Aachen), D. J. S. Robinson (Illiis), S. J. Tobin (Galway) and J. Wiengold (Cardiff), have been expanded into articles, forming the first part of the book. The second part consists of surveys and research articles written by other conference participants. More than two-thirds of the book is composed of survey articles providing a remarkably clear and up-to-date picture of those areas of group theory. The articles which comprise this book, together with their extensive bibliographies, will prove an invaluable tool to researchers in group theory, and, in addition, their detailed expositions make them very suitable for relevant postgraduate courses.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/10/1982
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLondon Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 71
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note10d.3tabs.
- Weight570 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byColin Matthew Campbell,E. F. Robertson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.