All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionGroups St Andrews 2009 was held in the University of Bath in August 2009 and this first volume of a two-volume book contains selected papers from the international conference. Five main lecture courses were given at the conference, and articles based on their lectures form a substantial part of the proceedings. This volume contains the contributions by Gerhard Hiss (RWTH Aachen) and Volodymyr Nekrashevych (Texas A&M). Apart from the main speakers, refereed survey and research articles were contributed by other conference participants. Arranged in alphabetical order, these articles cover a wide spectrum of modern group theory. The regular proceedings of Groups St Andrews conferences have provided snapshots of the state of research in group theory throughout the past 30 years. Earlier volumes have had a major impact on the development of group theory and it is anticipated that this volume will be equally important.
- Author BiographyC. M. Campbell is an Honorary Reader in the School of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of St Andrews. M. R. Quick is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of St Andrews. E. F. Robertson is Professor Emeritus in the School of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of St Andrews. C. M. Roney-Dougal is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of St Andrews. G. C. Smith is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Bath. G. Traustason is a Reader in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Bath.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/06/2011
- Series TitleLondon Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series
- Series Part/Volume Number387
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note22 b/w illus. 6 tables
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byC. M. Campbell,C. M. Roney-Dougal,E. F. Robertson,G. C. Smith,G. Traustason,M. R. Quick
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.