Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.04Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.49Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrow Your Own Fruit and Vegetables is Lawrence D. Hills' ground-breaking book on all aspects of fruit and vegetable growing. It was widely praised on its publication and remains a classic text in the world of organic gardening. 'Its great merit is that one feels that every operation described has been personally carried out by the author and selected as the most satisfactory after due consideration of traditional methods. The treatment of each plant is described from start to finish with sense, relish and humour; there are many fascinating analyses of vitamin and mineral contents and nutritional values, of different vegetables and fruits; and there is excellent advice on picking, harvesting, as well as on cooking ...it is the best practical guide to the subject that has appeared for years, and the author is t concerned with argument or philosophy, only with growing produce well' - Country Life . 'There is better guide to n-chemical gardening than Lawrence D. Hills ...He is exceptionally well read and a good practical gardener into the bargain, t a very common combination, and doubt because of his wide-ranging kwledge he is more balanced in his views than some advocates of all-organic gardening . ..Where I find Mr Hills most stimulating is in his highly personal approach to fruit and vegetable varieties and his recommendations based on such commercially unfashionable criteria as flavour and food value. There is a wealth of information here which would be difficult to find in any other single book' - A. G. L. Hellyer in the Financial Times .
- Author BiographyLawrence D. Hills (1911-1991) was a British horticulturalist, journalist, and writer who founded the Henry Doubleday Research Association (HDRA), now known as Garden Organic. Hills' research into the Russian Comfrey plant introduced him to Doubleday's work in this field, work which Hills built upon and furthered. Gardening correspondent of the Observer for eight years, Hills' books included Fertility Without Fertilisers, Down to Earth Gardening, and Organic Gardening, but he was best known for Grow Your Own Fruit and Vegetables, which became a canonical text for gardeners and commercial organic growers.
- Author(s)Lawrence D. Hills
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication11/12/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.