All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone loves to prepare a meal with ingredients fresh from their own garden. But for most of us, matter how plentiful our harvest, homegrown produce comprises only a fraction of what we eat. And while many gardening guides will tell you everything you ever wanted to kw about individual crops, few tackle the more involved task of helping you maximize the percentage of your diet you grow yourself. Grow a Sustainable Diet will help you develop a comprehensive, customized garden plan to produce the maximum number of calories and nutrients from any available space. Avoid arriving in August buried under a mountain of kale or zucchini (and t much else) by making thoughtful choices at the planning stage, focusing on dietary staples and key nutrients. Learn how to calculate: * Which food and cover crops are best for your specific requirements * How many seeds and plants of each variety you should sow * What and when to plant, harvest, and replant for maximum yield Focusing on permaculture principles, bio-intensive gardening methods, getting food to the table with minimum fossil fuel input, and growing crops that sustain both you and your soil, this complete guide is a must-read for anyone working towards food self-sufficiency for themselves or their family. Cindy Conner is a permaculture educator, founder of Homeplace Earth, and the producer of two popular instructional DVDs on sustainable gardening. Her passion is exploring growing a complete diet in a small space while minimizing the use of fossil fuels.
- Author BiographyCindy Conner is a permaculture educator and founder of Homeplace Earth. She is the producer of two popular instructional DVDs entitled Develop a Sustainable Vegetable Garden Plan and Cover Crops and Compost Crops IN Your Garden. A former market gardener, Cindy was instrumental in establishing a sustainable agriculture program at her local community college which she taught for over a decade. Her passion is exploring growing a complete diet in a small space and getting food from garden to the table while minimizing the use of fossil fuels.
- Author(s)Cindy Conner
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication25/03/2014
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Content NoteColor photos, 75 B&W photos, worksheets throughout
- Weight414 g
- Width184 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.