All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the ideas of nviolent communication by Marshall Rosenberg, Growing Up In Trust looks at the impact of reward and punishment on children and on the relationship between the children and their parents, teachers and other grown-ups around them. The way we bring up our children leads to disinterest, shame and fear, and competition. There is an alternative method, and it is based on trust. Growing up in Trust is about a world beyond right and wrong, where one tells children what they should do. They already have an inborn morality and a longing to please and to learn. This can grow if we give an example in being social and authentic, if their needs are just as important as ours. So it is t about letting children take over. It is about taking care of ourselves and being clear about what we want. Then we have the energy to be interested in what is going on with our children.
- Author BiographyJustine Mol is an internationally certified trainer in Nonviolent Communication according to Marshall Rosenberg. She lives in the Netherlands.
- Author(s)Justine Mol
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication08/05/2008
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Weight118 g
- Width143 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.