All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo be human is to be in relationships. We can't survive without them but at the same time it's in our relationships that we so easily come unravelled. Either we feel like we lose ourselves or we feel burnt out from unsuccessful efforts to make things right for ather. It's in our relationships that we can experience the very best of ourselves and the very worst. The message of 'Growing Yourself Up' is that you can't separate understanding the individual from understanding relationships; they go hand in hand. All of life's relationships are integral to increasing self-awareness and growing maturity - and it's t necessarily the comfortable ones that promote personal growth! Drawing from Bowen family systems theory, this book takes you on a journey through each stage of life to see the predictable patterns of relationships and to show you how to use this kwledge to make purposeful adjustments in yourself. The result, though certainly t a quick fix, is a sturdier self, sturdier relationships and a refreshing new way of viewing life's challenges and opportunities.
- Author BiographyJenny Brown is founder and director of the Family Systems Institute in Sydney, Australia, where she has a counselling practice and trains mental health professionals and organisations. She has earned academic awards at the University of Sydney and Columbia University New York, and completed years of post-graduate education in systems approaches to counselling at Relationships Australia, Sydney; the Family Institute of Westchester, New York; and the Tavistock and Portman in London.
- Author(s)Jenny Brown
- PublisherExisle Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationWoolombi
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintExisle Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight382 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Trade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- robynbowman09 Mar, 2014by
maturity in relationships
An excellent and enjoyable bookabout developing a mature approach to relationships throughout you life at every staid. Could not recommend it highly enough
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.