All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPaul Hawken demonstrates that the answers to small business problems today cant be solved by college degrees, training or money--but only by you. Nearly everyone harbors a secret dream of starting or owning a business. In fact, a million businesses start in the United States every year. Many of them fail, but eugh succeed so that small businesses are w adding millions of jobs to the ecomy at the same time that the Fortune 500 companies are actually losing jobs. Paul Hawken--entrepreneur and bestselling author--wrote <i>Growing a Business</i> for those who set out to make their dream a reality. He kws what he's talking about; he is his own best example of success. In the early 1970s, while he was still in his twenties, he founded Erewhon, the largest distributor of natural foods. More recently, he founded and still runs Smith & Hawken, the premier mail-order garden tool company. And he wrote a critically acclaimed book called <i>The Next Ecomy</i> about the future of the ecomy. Using examples like Patagonia, Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream, and University National Bank of Palo Alto, California, Hawken shows that the successful business is an expression of an individual person. The most successful business, your idea for a business, will grow from something that is deep within you, something that can't be stolen by anyone because it is so uniquely yours that anyone else who tried to execute your idea would fail. He dispels the myth of the risk-taking entrepreneur. The purpose of business, he points out, is t to take risks but rather to get something done.
- Author(s)Paul Hawken
- PublisherPrentice Hall (a Pearson Education company)
- Date of Publication01/10/1988
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationHemel Hempstead
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPrentice Hall & IBD
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.