All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarthed in Jesus' command that as his disciples we are to love one ather, this book speaks to all of us-from church pastors to those attending-but, specifically to home group leaders and members. It shows how home groups can be places where people's pain and difficulties are ticed, and first steps taken to help. Wendy Billington offers valuable insights coupled with realistic and practical advice, drawing on her years of pastoral work in the community and in the local church, as well as on her personal experiences of loss and cancer. Wendy coordinates the pastoral care programme at St Nicholas Church, Seveaks, which includes providing training in pastoral skills, listening to people's concern, bereavement care, marriage enrichment and supporting cancer sufferers and their families. She is a director of the Seveaks Christian Counselling Service.
- Author BiographyWendy Billington has been a key worker in pastoral care at St Nicholas Church, Sevenoaks, over a number of years. She is involved in training people in listening and other pastoral skills and in marriage enrichment courses. Her one to one work includes listening to and supporting individuals and their families in relational situations, bereavement, crises and illness. She is a director of the Sevenoaks Christian Counselling Service and has written Growing a Caring Church (BRF, 2010)
- Author(s)Wendy Billington
- PublisherBRF (The Bible Reading Fellowship)
- Date of Publication21/05/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBRF (The Bible Reading Fellowship)
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.