All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionMario Macilau's photography is a powerful documentation of a complex history implicit to the challenging circumstances of homeless children living in the city of Maputo, Mozambique. It makes a significant contribution t only to African photography but also to the tradition of black and white photography. Growing in Darkness thus forms part of a necessary lexicon that navigates between the veracity of lightness and darkness.
- Author Biography<b>Mario Macilau</b> (b. 1984), was born and raised in Maputo, Mozambique, where he lives. He started his journey as photographer in 2003 and specializes in long term projects that focus on living and environmental conditions that affect socially isolated groups. Macilau s work has been recognized with awards and featured regularly in numerous solo and group exhibitions in his home country and abroad including The Auction Room, London, Saatchi Gallery, London, Galeria Belo-Galsterer, Lisbon, The Johannesburg Art Fair, Bamako Biennial, Venice Biennial.
- Author(s)Mario Macilau
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication07/09/2016
- LanguageEnglish & French
- Place of PublicationHeidelberg
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Content Note1
- Weight1565 g
- Width310 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.